Sunday, January 25, 2015

Guitars

I own three guitars, a bass, an electric, and an acoustic.  My favorite right now is my bass, but my other guitars are fun to play with too.  Usually I just sit down and play some songs off of sheet music, or jam along with a song I like on Rocksmith 2014.  Using Cubase is also a hobby of mine and I have recorded some tracks, but nothing solid and nothing I am very proud of yet.

One of the lessons I have learned is that strings matter a lot.  This was taught to me in college when I took a couple semesters of classical guitar by a great teacher, but I have also heard this from professional musicians as well.  I suppose another reason I am particular about strings is from when I learned how to play alto saxophone.   My private tutor taught me the difference between reeds, and how the quality affected the sound.

The brands I was advised to buy and chose to pick are D'Addario, Ernie Ball, and DR Strings.




No comments:

Post a Comment